Museum "Narvskaya Zastava"
23 Ivan Chernykh str., Saint Petersburg
Phones: +7 (812) 300-83-29
Web site: https://narvskaya-zastava.ru/
Part of the museum's exposition is located in the right wing of the Princess's estate
E. R. Dashkova Kiryanovo, the continuation is located on the street of Ivan Chernykh, house 23, in the house of L. E. Gekht. Together, they make up a single
historical and local history museum complex.
The exhibition, located in the right wing of the manor house, tells about the history of the lands where the estate of Princess Dashkova was located, as well as about the history of the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland, since ancient times, about the unique landscape and architectural monument-the Peterhof Road, along which the dacha aristocratic suburb of St. Petersburg was formed. A significant part of the museum exhibition is devoted to the history of the Kiryanovo estate, the life and work of its owner, Princess E. R. Dashkova.
One of the halls of the museum is the interior of a small noble living room of that era with the furnishings of the suburban countryside. On the walls of the hall there is an icon of Saints Cyrus and John, as well as a copy of the famous portrait of Princess Dashkova by D. G. Levitsky. This is how the princess looked when she headed the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, becoming the first woman in the world to head two academies and the first woman in Russia in the civil service.
The hall, dedicated to the academic activities of Ekaterina Romanovna, is filled with antique furniture from the Academy of Sciences, creating an image of the working environment in the manor house. There are many books and archival materials that clearly demonstrate how effective the activities of the Princess were as director of the Academy of Sciences and chairman of the Russian Academy of Sciences. As a person of the Enlightenment, the Princess put into practice its principles: the dissemination of scientific knowledge in society, their practical application.
One of the exhibition complexes is a "fragment of the library of Princess E. R. Dashkova", containing original editions of her favorite authors-European enlighteners Montesquieu, Voltaire, Boileau and others, as well as engravings from the famous "Encyclopedia" by D. Diderot.
The exhibition, located in the museum building at 23 Ivan Chernykh Street, is a continuation of the Narva Zastava story in the new historical conditions, when the former suburban suburban area of St. Petersburg became the largest industrial area, a densely populated working-class suburb.
The exhibition complex presents a reconstruction of the Narva Outpost worker's room at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries: simple furniture, chests, household items and household utensils.
The Narva Zastava Museum of Local History studies and preserves the history of the lands where the Kirovsky District of St. Petersburg is located.
Part of the museum's exposition is located in the right wing of the estate of Princess E. R. Dashkova Kiryanovo, the continuation is located on Ivan Chernykh Street, in the house of L. E. Gekht. Together, they make up a single historical and local history museum complex.
The museum traces its history back to 1972 ,when the historical and revolutionary public museum was opened on 23 Ivan Chernykh Street. In 1984, the institution was awarded the honorary title of the People's Museum, and in 1990, the museum received the status of the state historical and local history Museum .
In 2007, a new museum exhibition was opened in the right wing of the manor house of Princess E. R. Dashkova. Ekaterina Romanovna Dashkova, a participant in the palace coup of 1762, an associate of Catherine II, the first female director of the Academy of Sciences ( 1783-1796).