JSC "Kaliningrad Amber Combine"
Dear residents of Kaliningrad region and guests of the Amber land! AO «Kaliningrad amber combine» invites you to visit our tourist facilities.
We prepared for you a special “A day with sunstone program”!
The tour route has two tourist facilities: the “Amber chamber” Demonstration Hall and the Viewing platform of the Amber quarry.
You will have a unique opportunity to visit the only amber enterprise in Russia and the biggest one in the world that performs industrial amber mining; to learn about “Baltic stone”; to discover ancient amber routes; to walk the footsteps of Teutonic Knights; to submerge into the history of recreating the Amber room, to admire the view of Primorsky quarry; to know about mining techniques and stone processing; to enter the Amber pyramid and experience its life-giving powers.
The “Amber chamber’ Interactive Demonstration Hall
The exposition has several sections:
• The origin of amber, amber-like resin (copals), collection of amber inclusions
• Historical documents about amber and amber trade route; history of amber mining during the Teutonic Order period
• “The Amber room” - three centuries of history
• The history of the Palmniken settlement – Yantarny as a center of industrial mining in XVIII-XX century
• Kaliningrad amber combine – industrial history
• Technologies of amber mining and processing
• Unique samples of amber (collection of large nuggets)
• Techniques of amber processing; amber imitations
• “The Amber chamber” - collection of amber pieces, works of authorship, and serial items of Kaliningrad amber combine
• A photo zone where you can sit on an amber throne and try on an amber tiara
• Exhibition and sale of amber jewelry.
Viewing platform of Primorsky quarry
• Viewing platform that allows to observe the process of amber mining from a height of 160 feet
• Viewing tower
• Photo zone with historical costumes
• Amber tree and amber pyramid
• “The Miner” attraction that gives an opportunity to dig out some amber on our own
• A model of the “Anna” amber mine and “The Gallow” model
• Comfortable rest area
• A cafe where you can try famous local pastry and watch a movie about the work in a quarry
• Multifunctional shopping area with various amber items and souvenirs.